Saturday, November 19, 2011

Welcome


            Welcome to a book. This blog will spool out several chapters of And What If I’m an Atheist?, a guide for teenage atheists, agnostics, and other unbelievers.

            My name’s David Seidman, and I’ve written quite a few books for kids, teenagers, young adults and regular old adults -- everything from biographies of Adam Sandler and Jimmy Carter (now, that’s a pairing you don’t see every day) to movie and TV tie-ins to books about careers in fields as diverse as journalism and the United States Secret Service. I embarked on And What If I’m an Atheist? after I noticed that there are plenty of books for religious teenagers and plenty of books for adult unbelievers but nothing much for teenagers of the non-theist stripe.

            The book will include:
            • Profiles of famous non-believers
            • Explanations of deep spiritual questions
            • Practical tips on handling objections to atheism
            • Answers about celebrating Christmas
            • And everything else that the young and the curious want to know.

            “What If I’m an atheist?” is a big question. …And What If I’m an Atheist? will have answers.

            So let’s begin with the Introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment